The Optimist Club of Sheboygan was first chartered in February of 1924. Since that time, hundreds of civic and business leaders have served the youth of Sheboygan through their involvement in our club. Our roster currently includes 35 hard-working and fun members!
The club currently meets at the Sheboygan Yacht Club at Noon on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.
Our primary service project is Back to School Basics (our school supply giveaway that serves over 1,600 kids each summer).
We have also begun a partnership with the Mead Public Library Children's Room staff to provide support for their events and activities. We're the official sponsor of the "1,000 Books Before Kindergarten" program as well.
We serve the greater Sheboygan community thru volunteering for Salvation Army Bell Ringing, Big Brothers/Big Sisters Bowl for Kids' Sake, and offering financial support to many youth organizations.
● to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
● to talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
● to make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
● to look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
● to think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
● to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
● to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
● to wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
● to give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
● to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Board of Directors
- President - Dean Ziegler
- Past President - Scott Stangel
- 1st Vice President - Mark Miller
- 2nd Vice President - Ashley Jackson
- Secretary - Laurel Schirmer
- Treasurer - Mark Miller
- Directors - Joe Ziegler, Dana Dunton, Pam Greger, (1) vacancy
- Membership Committee Chair: Dean Ziegler
- Community Service Committee Chair: (open)
- Programs Committee: Scott Stangel (chair), Paul Hertel, John Ehmann
- Fundraising Committee Chair: Dean Ziegler
- Communications Committee Chair: Ashley Jackson